Need Assistance with Face & Pattern Unlock FeatureSupport

Last Updated:

1. Tanm0y

Tanm0y New Member

I have got an Atrix 2 running on Android 4.0.4

I cant enable Face or Pattern Unlock Feature in Security. The Pattern Unlock feature did exist since Gingerbread and then worked fine when I upgraded it to Android 4.0.4
    Today I tried to enable face unlock, it asked me to enter pin. As soon as I enabled pin, face & pattern unlock feature got disabled & greyed out. It says "Disabled by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage"
    I dont have any administrator enabled on my phone, so this message baffles me. Could you please suggest a way out?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

You should only have to disable the pin requirement. You can't have both turned on at the same time.
  3. Tanm0y

Tanm0y New Member

its not allowing me to disable it. I cant even select no security :(
  4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Interesting, this is your personal phone?
  5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Are you rooted?
  6. Tanm0y

Tanm0y New Member

7. Tanm0y

Tanm0y New Member

Could you please explain, i am not very techy
  8. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Being rooted is gaining administrative access to your device. If you haven't heard of it, you most likely arent rooted :)
  9. macgiobuin

macgiobuin Well-Known Member

Give it a day to catch up. Let the phone drain to 5%. Turn the phone OFF. Recharge the phone and let it charge for an hour or two AFTER the battery says it is at 100%. REPEAT for a couple days. That process will help extend your battery life AND help the apps/systems/processes catch up to ICS.