• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Atrix 2 AT&T Unlocking Help :[

zzzzzz

Lurker
Mar 13, 2013
Hello. I have recently purchased what I thought was an unlocked GSM Atrix 2 4G phone. It has the at&t logos on it. I purchased a SIM card from Straight Talk for the phone and it is a T-mobile SIM. The phone has been activated and everything is working but the browser. I am told by Straight Talk Technical Support that this phone must not actually be unlocked. I am either stuck having to try to hunt down a straight talk AT&T Compatible Sim, which is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack, or I can unlock the phone/have someone unlock it. I cannot find any instructions on how to unlock the phone in the forums here. Any help would be greatly appreciated with the utmost respect. :thinking:

revisement: ok from watching a youtube video on unlocking, it reminded me that if the phone was not unlocked that it would prompt you for a code upon booting up the phone if you inserted a "non-compatible" sim into it.. if this is true and my apn settings are correct, why would my browser not work?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones