• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root need basic help using command line for ota removal

rt2

Apr 8, 2010
Trying to revert my Dinc to before the ota update.

I'm trying to get the code entered in the command window before running the PB31IMG.zip file and have run into a snag that, being, I don't know much about the using command window..

(adb push flash_image /data)
(adb push mtd0.img /dat

Both go through fine, but when I type:

(adb shell) and press enter my next line of code starts w/ :

(~#) upon my typing (chmod 777 /data/flash_image) I get:

(~#) again.

Qwick question:
1. Is the (~# ) correct and if not how do I get past it to enter the remaining code?
2. Do I just continue to type the remaining code after the (~#)?
3. After rebooting, what volume do I type the (fastboot devices after? C:\ or C:\sdk\tools?

I obviously don't know much, if anything, about using the command window. Any help would be appreciated. I think I'm almost there.

2. Do I just continue to type the remaining code after the (~#)?

Yes, that's good, it's just identifying that you're rooted. When you get to that point, simply add the commands in the order that they are layed out in the text file that came in the download.

Once you are done and rebooted, you should have the downgraded bootloader and you should then be able to revert back to stock using the first vid and the PB31IMG.zip file like you were trying to do earlier.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones