Need battery help pleaseSupport

Last Updated:

1. riskaa

riskaa Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using the standard 3.7V Li-ion battery that came with my phone, and i'm finding that the battery drainage is quite high. I've had my phone for about 2 months now.
    I'm running a couple of programs that run all the time - Executive Assistant, and Widgetlocker.
    I also installed JuiceDefender which is set to enable data connection for 3mins for every 15 mins.
    My battery seems to last about 8 hours with not much use. (i checked email and sent a few text messages today)
    When looking at Battery usage, it seems that the screen brightness is what's taking up most battery, but i have this set to the dimmest in Settings. I also have widgetlocker that locks my screen 1 minute after idle.

Can someone please guide me on
    1) what other settings i could check to figure out why my battery is draining quickly
    2) how to recondition or improve my battery life (i'm not rooted)
    3) give me some idea of how long your batteries last?

Thanks so much,

riskaa

Advertisement
  2. rocketragz

rocketragz Well-Known Member

widget program to lock phone on idle after 1 min seems useless considering there is a setting on your phone for this

regarding your battery, search the forum . there is a ton of info about this.

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Turn your brightness down and auto shut off all apps your not using.

4. riskaa

Hi rocketragz,
    Thanks for your suggestion. BTW, the widget program isn't just to lock the phone, but it has that functionality too.

5. nikhilkalantre

nikhilkalantre Member

Hey Riskaa,

Use "Advane Task Killer" app to kill the unwanted processes which are running in the background.

Similarly use "Startup Manager" app to remove the unwanted services which boots up when you start the device...

Ideally it will help to increase the RAM + might save battery life :)

Enjoy...

Nikhil

6. riskaa

Thanks JayC. My brightness is all the way down, and i use ATK to shut off apps. Is there something i'm missing - "auto shut off" for apps? Is there a better way of doing this than task killers?