1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Need clarification regarding Droid X bands

1. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja VIP Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

Would love for this to apply to the X
  3. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

That looks very interexting!!!! Nice find!
  4. VoidedSaint

i filled out the fcc claim, you guys should too
  5. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the quoted "laws" are not in anyway broken by locked bootloaders or tiered data plans...

VZW is not removing any features of the RAZR...and they are certainly not denying anyone access to their data network...

To be honest to call the article a stretch would be putting it kindly...
  6. quickaudi

quickaudi Well-Known Member Contributor

They do keep me from using some features, like root file management, backup, etc.
  7. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

8. Metfanant

Metfanant Well-Known Member

Those are not advertized features of the device on any network...and they are not hardware functions of the phone that they are taking away
  9. VoidedSaint

meta maybe you can clarify this,
    this isnt verizon im speaking of

but at&t was preventing some users from accessing their full hspa+ before right? or was that t-mobile? i remember reading somewhere(*hah, i can read*) and that at&t or t-mobile, which i think is at&t was preventing full download speeds on their network by capping the hspa max download/upload speed. is this true? and wouldnt that be considered illegal if it was in block c?

or say if verizon was cappping the download/upload of the lte network through certain devices wouldnt that be considered the illegal part of the block c statement?
  10. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

another point of this convo is where does the OG Droid come into play on this and the Xoom? neither of which has encrypted bootloaders? Also the G Nex will be without an encrypted bootloader.

My point is that even though i originally thought all this falls on VZW as well, I'm thinking now that it still may have a little to do with the manufacturer of the devices as well.