1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Need DejaOffice help before I throw this phone against the wall!

Last Updated:

1. SandeeF

SandeeF New Member This Topic's Starter

Got myself a Droid 2. Downloaded a new version Companion Link that is supposed to work with Droids. Installed Deja Office. And I can't get the thing to work. I have called Companion Link and Abacus. No help there.

1. I'd like to move contacts/calendar from Abacus to Outlook to Droid. Is that possible? (I used to use Companion Link when I was using Office on my old phone).

2. I keep getting an error message that tells me I am using an "Invalid Username or Password." Can't find anywhere to create/change the username or password.

Guess I am a complete idiot! Would really appreciate some help here as it's too late to return the phone and its just a hand held gaming device to me without the ability to sync to my Outlook.

Advertisement
  2. BookLover

BookLover Well-Known Member

I could never get it to work. If you have Exchange you may be better off with Touchdown.

3. jrowlings

jrowlings Well-Known Member

Touchdown is much better than Deja, in my opinion (for exchange, of course). I use TD to sync email. I use the active sync to sync calendar and contacts (I use calendar pad pro for monthly calendar views).

4. companionlink

companionlink Well-Known Member

Hi Sandee,

If you're getting a username/password error, it sounds like you have configured DejaOffice to use CompanionLink's wireless sync service. You create the username/password in the CompanionLink PC software, and then in DejaOffice go to Settings > Sync Settings > CL Secure Hosted Sync Settings. You can enter that same username/password here.

If you would rather use a direct sync option like USB sync or Wi-Fi sync, you can also configure those options in DejaOffice Settings > Sync Settings. You'll have to reconfigure CompanionLink as well.

This page explains all the sync options with links to full setup guides - DejaOffice Classroom - Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Notes Apps for Android, iPhone, and iPad

Hope this helps!

SandeeF likes this.
  5. SandeeF

SandeeF New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the suggestion to change the setting!

But when I try to change the setting or do anything else on DO I get an error message and have to force stop.

Have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Have tried downloading it from the web, instead of market. Didn't fix the problem.

Would appreciate any help!

6. companionlink

companionlink Well-Known Member

Strange, we have a Droid 2 here and haven't run into any crashes. What version of DejaOffice are you specifically running? You may want to try the 1.9 beta, which can be downloaded here - http://www.dejaoffice.com/androidapp/