1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Need detailed Weather widget, with Clock

Last Updated:

1. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've been using Animated weather for the last week and I thought it was perfect until it stopped updating, and I realised it uses masses of data and drains the battery.

I'm looking for a replacement now, something with a clock and weather forecast all in one widget, but also gives a weather forecast for different times of the day. The weather widget the phone came with only gives a forecast for the whole day.

So far I've found

HTC Weather only gives you the forecast for the whole day (most are like this)
    The Weather Channel widget looks terrible
    Weatherbug is an overload of information, but doesn't actually tell you anything useful

Currently using Palmary which doesn't have the clock, but has a widget which is 4*1 (or 4*2 or 2*2 or 2*1 or 1*1) so I have space for a seperate clock, and it provides forecasts for morning, day, evening and night, but one problem. Its said snow for all periods of the day for 2 days, and it hasn't snowed yet.

Advertisement
  2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Try Weather Widgets from Pixelspore.

3. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

4. sonesh

sonesh Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't mind if the widget doesn't give all the information I want, but I would like access to the full weather information when I click on the widget.

Pixelspore looks good, but it seems to only do daily forecasts, and there is not date on the widget (missed out the fact I want this too)

Does Sense Analog provide full weather forecasts when clicked on?

5. Nick-B

Nick-B Member

I've tried a few out recently (being a new Android owner) and, at the moment, have settled on Fancy Widget.

Fancy Widget for Android | Android Community

Time and weather plus the ability to have customisable links from the clock, date and weather (eg: to the alarm, calendar and more detailed weather).

It also allows you to specify a set weather location or to pick up where you are.

I did try the Sense widget that was mentioned in an earlier post but it rendered badly on my Motorola Defy - was it designed for a lower resolution screen?

6. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I think "full" is subjective. It certainly provides "more" info when clicked on. Download it and check it out, it's free. If you hate it then uninstall it.

7. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

1. Depending on the widget you get full day weather or period weather which is around 6 hours. You have a lot of options for widgets you can choose among.
    2. You can put the date by checking on of options.

sonesh likes this.
  8. Ganginwood

Ganginwood Well-Known Member

i downloaded fancy widget and it doesn't look anything like what that link has. mine is just a grey box with the time. i checked the settings and all looks good. what am i missing?

9. Nick-B

Nick-B Member

Looking at the link I posted, the picture is not that accurate. Here's a better one: Fancy Widget (Android) - Screenshots

You can remove the grey background, I have as I can still see it clearly over my wallpaper. There are loads of options including hiding the weather icon (configure/appearance settings/hide weather icon), how to display the date, etc. I'm guessing that you may not have downloaded any weather forecasts and so that part is blank, there's a refresh option next to configure and also refresh settings just before the appearance settings.

10. Ganginwood

my problem is that i don't have the weather icon. under settings however, it looks like its checked

11. Nick-B

Nick-B Member

You may have fallen into the trap that I initially feel into, the check box allows you to hide the weather icon, so you need to uncheck it to display it.

12. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

I have Beautiful Widgets - Can view a 5 day with one click and it's powered by AccuWeather, which I prefer. Can click on 5 day to open AccuWeather app (if installed) and see hour by hour.
    That's as detailed as it gets.

13. Ganginwood

my boxes are not checked. i only see the time.

14. aardys

aardys Well-Known Member

another vote for Beautiful Widgets ;)

15. Nick-B

Nick-B Member

Hmm, can you check that you have a location in the weather settings? Perhaps manually set one (third option), then if after a refresh the weather icon/details appear, you can change it to automatic (I have the first option, use my location, checked but not the second option: use gps location).

16. Ganginwood

interestingly enough....the weather appeared by itself after about a week of being on the screen. wierd.

17. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Beautiful Widgets. Best in class for what you're asking.

Hour-by-Hour can be had by tapping on the weather in the widget, then on the day, then "Hour-by-hour"