1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Need Docs to Go in CANADA ): help?

Last Updated:

1. rsquigley

rsquigley Member This Topic's Starter

Hay Everyone, I just picked up my HTC-Magic today from Rogers in Canada!! Loving the phone so far! Im missing one thing thought that i REALLY NEED, to be able to edit an exel doc on the phone! I see that Documents to go is the only app that has this ability at the moment, however In canada the app store doesnt support paid apps, so i cant download it. I looked at the data wiz website and the only way to get is though the app store. Does anyone know of another way to get this app? or is there another free app, or app i can purchase online and install via sd card? Thanks in Advance!!

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

I dont think there is any free app in the market that will allow to edit Excel directly on the phone .... You might try googling for 3rd party apps outside the Market

3. wiineedmore

wiineedmore Member

check your PM

4. michaelmk

michaelmk New Member

Hi,

I am on the same boat. I am using the HTC Magic in Canada and don't have access to any of the paid apps. And right now, I could really use documentstogo on my phone.

If there's a way to go around this limitation, please let me know.

Thanks!
    Michael
    ---
    [www.dvshortfilms.com]
    [www.mksiu.com]

5. Skyfall

Skyfall Active Member

You can upload your excel file to google docs and edit it in there, it's a little clunky but the functionality is there.

6. findinggrace

findinggrace New Member

I'm also in Canada and require the ability to edit Word documents and Excel spreadsheets on my Android device, HTC Dream. I would appreciate it if OpenOffice.org would create an Android version too but there is nothing in their forums about it.

7. mjschmidt

mjschmidt Well-Known Member

All Rogers users need to literally PESTER Rogers to allow paid apps. This isn't a google problem, according to Google, Rogers to needs to allow access tp paid apps.

I have called and emailed Rogers repeatedly to ask them for access to the paid apps. The more users who do this, the more likely we are to see it happen.

Let them know how badly you want it, and how upset you are as a Rogers customer.

8. halldorr

halldorr Active Member