Need Droid HelpSupport

Last Updated:

1. Ryan02Stang

Ryan02Stang Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys! New to Android and have a few things I can't figure out, that I thought I'd see if anyone here could help. First off...I love my Droid so far! It is extremely fast, the google maps navigation is great, and the ease of use is overall fantastic.

1. Can my contacts sync with Facebook even if the name is not the same? For example: I have my wife in my phone as "wife" but I can only get it to pull in her facebook info if I put her actual name in there. Is there no way to manual link a facebook profile to a contact?

2. Whenever I hit on the "Car Home" icon there is a little pop up at the top of the screen giving me a tip. Is there anyway to disable this? I don't need the same tip every time I open that window.

I appreciate the feedback!

Advertisement
  2. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

If you sync your contacts with google, you can merge two of them and the merge will give you a confirmation, and then it will sync back to the phone.

I don't see a way to merge contacts on android, but I haven't really looked that hard! I know of what you are talking about and I'm going to merge in google contacts on monday at work.

3. OctoMom

OctoMom Well-Known Member

I am not 100% sure about this but I think you can do the sync for Facebook and Gogole on the Droid itself and then all of it will be added into Google. Then just log into Gmail on your computer and there you should be able to manually merge contacts if they have different names on Facebook.

4. acage91

acage91 New Member

I got a gmail account on my new droid and it made all my contacts disappear...they are there when I want to compose a message but not when I want to make calls or edit...pleease help me fix it!

5. Sgid

Sgid New Member

I've had my droid for 6 days. My droid kept fore closing so i turned it off and pulled the battery, waited a few minutes, then replaced the battery. When i turned my Droid back on I am greated with a black screen that says

Bootloader
    2C.6C

Battery OK
    Ok to program
    Connect USB
    Data Cable

I connected my Droid to the USB through my labtop and nothing happened. I am currently phoneless, and on vacation with no verizon store near by that I know of. HELP ME PLEASE

6. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

It sounds like something is wrong with the boot sector of your phone which is a pretty rare problem. If you can't go to a Verizon store, your only option to try to fix it might be to reflash using RSD Lite. As this process is part of rooting the phone, instructions can be found here: http://androidforums.com/all-things...-currently-under-construction.html#post780704

You would want to flash the 2.1 sbf file to get the most current official software on your phone.

Doing this is not supported by Verizon or Motorola and would technically void your warranty.

7. bigW1120

bigW1120 New Member

Ok. Heres whats happening. One day I tried to unlock my droid, but the phone wouldnt recognize when i placed my finger on the green unlock button and tried to slide it to access my phone. it's almost as if i need to "re-synchronize" my touch screen. is there anyway to fix this???