100.0%
  2. I don't think I would use it

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Last Updated:

1. ymee

ymee New Member This Topic's Starter

Folks,

I wanted to get some public opinion on the usefulness of a HDMI out port on a smartphone/handset. Let's say the smartphone is capable of recording and decoding 720p or 1080p video. Would a HDMI port be useful for you? How would you use it?

Advertisement
  2. Chroma

Chroma Well-Known Member

Nokia N8 feeds video to the largest cinema screen in the world

I've only been in one situation where I actually did have a movie on my phone and a bunch of people who wanted to watch a movie (they probably wouldn't have wanted to watch that particular movie anyway, lulz)

I could see this being useful to people who want to watch parts of a movie or a tvshow on their lunch break. (Plug the phone into a computer monitor)

3. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Usually when I'm in a situtation that I would like it, there isn't a set nearby that supports HDMI. So no, it really wouldn't be useful for me. Maybe when HDMI sets become more prevalent. Hell, in hotels, many sets still don't have composite in.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

The evo has one.

5. AFAngryWarrior

AFAngryWarrior Well-Known Member

I use the HDMI on Droid X ALL THE TIME. I hook it up to my TV and watch Movies on the bigscreen. I'm about to get rid of cable with the options on the Droid. I pay $9.99 a month for BitBop and it has all my favorite primetime shows like CSI, etc and I can play them on the TV over HDMI why pay for cable...