• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Files to Update to 340 OTA

eulerphi8

Jul 21, 2010
Hey guys I need some help getting to the ota. I was on the 320 leak and am trying to find a way to apply the 340 update.zip. I got pretty far but right now I'm failing at a check for /preinstall/app/flashplayer.apk. I assume this came with a previous update but got deleted on my phone. Could someone help me out and see if this is on there phone using root explorer? If you find it let me know and maybe we can get this working.

Nope it looks like it's doing a checksum on the package to make sure it's the flash apk that I'm assuming came with the 2.3.15 update. Yeah I think I got through the initial series of checks, but I'm stuck at this step. Can anyone who has successfully flashed the 340 OTA update.zip or is still on the 2.3.15 OTA look in their /preinstall/app folder and see if FlashPlayer.apk or anything else is in there? Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones