• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need for Speed: Shift on Desire - EPIC!!!!

struggling to find the .apk file in astro. can anyone tell me where it would have intalled to?

Depends how you got it on your phone. If you downloaded using phone it should be in "download" folder on sdcard. if you downloaded with PC then it will be in whichever folder you copied in into after hooking up phone in disk mode.

Reactions: ingo1
Upvote 0
So you m anaged to install it on 2.1 non rooted phone? Hmm, I have over 100MB phone storage free but i still get a no go.
I am running 2.2 on an unbranded '3' Mobile Desire.

I installed the app by downloading the file to my dropbox folder on my laptop then using that to get it on the phone SD card.

After downloading it from dropbox to my phone I launched the file and let it install.

Upvote 0
Honestly, why does it need access to personal info, phone calls, location, sd card and more? It doesn't seem right.
Exactly -- I declined installation when I saw that. I mean, they need everything for a mere game? :eek:

With all of that, it is able to read (and erase) your entire account and sdcard information. Not on my phone it doesn't. :( The video looked neat, though.

Upvote 0
A lot do require access of some sort but not all require usage it depends on what permissions go hand in hand with the access. If I'm installing an app from the market and its from a reputable and well known source then I don't mind but when the apk isn't coming from EA who will generally abide by privacy and date protection laws, whoever designed and released this apk may not.

Upvote 0
fair enough, was just wondering why the scepticism with this particular game, to see if there was something that I was missing that I should be aware of. Didnt realise it wasnt an official EA release, but like you said stublake, permission doesnt necessarily equal usage so perhaps it just needs permission but not usage? I cant fully comment cause my first download botched and I'm downloading it now, in Nigeria at 7 kb/s :S

cant wait to be back in the UK! 10 days!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones