Need good travel apps.

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rossmathis, Aug 24, 2010.

1. rossmathis

rossmathis Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    I am planning a road trip along the Atlantic Coast up to New York and then back along the Blue Ridge Pkwy. Was wondering if you all could suggest some good travel apps for finding cheap hotels, famous attractions along the way, etc. Much appreciated?

Also if you have any fun apps, that would be great too. Like I am going to use Google Maps Editor to plot our points of interest, and then later add photos of the stops we made. FUN FUN!

Advertisement
  2. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2010
    Worldmate is a great app for organizing your itenerary. I personally wouldn't plan a trip using just my phone. I want a computer with a larger screen that I can browse all kinds of travel review sites. You could look at something like Yelp though.

3. Tony Touch

Tony Touch Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Atlanta
    Kayak for hotels.

4. steelersmb

steelersmb Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    TripIt. Works great and worth paying a small yearly fee for the advanced version.

5. lohpsch

lohpsch Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Don't miss either Layar or Wikitude.
    You can find whatever you want.
    Just type what you are searching, and look at your screen with your camera on.
    Seems like you have an X-Ray-telescopic vision showing you restaurants, hotels, whatever.
    ;)

6. Howard Packer

Howard Packer Well-Known Member

Gas Buddy - Find gas stations, and gas prices along your route.

Places Directory - Tells you things that are nearby, such as restaurants, coffee, bars, hotels, attractions, ATMs, gas stations.