• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NEED HELP! 3G/Poor 2G Signal Strenght With X310e Through T-Mobile

Prepaid13

Lurker
May 31, 2012
Just recently purchased a X310e MTK6575 1GHz 4.3 Inch Multi-touch Android 4.0 Smartphone and the signal strength is very poor and i can not even get 3G on the phone (I do have a data plan through T-Mobile). The Sim information, Voice call, video call, messaging, an data are all connected and registered with t-mobile. i did go out yesterday to get a new sim card which helped a little. the site i got it from says its should work on Network GSM 850/900/1800/1900 and other sites say WCDMA for 3G but WCDMA if selected on the phone give no signal at all. if anyone could help i would be EXTREMELY grateful. :(

-i did talk to t-mobile for 2hrs and they didnt help much ether, said to call tech support maybe that would help
-even tired *#*#4636#*#* To change the bands

First, it appears you bought a Chinese fake knock-off. You got what you paid for.

Second, T-Mobile 3G/4G works on the 1700/2100 data frequencies. Your unit apparently does not support those, so you're limited to 2G. They cannot change the bands by calling them.

Third, T-Mobile will supply a free signal booster if you really are in a poor signal area. You could contact them (dial 611 try tech support) about getting one. But I suspect in this case the signal problem is actually your phone's radio.

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones