Need help/adviceSupport

Last Updated:

1. Sumo

Sumo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Don't know what to do guys i have had my Galaxy for a month now and the cut off time to get rid or keep is now here.:confused:

I love the phone but the dodgy firmware and no updates avilable is worrying me for the next 18 months. I spoke to O2 and was told that i can do 3 things:

1.get new galaxy with latest firmware from O2,

2.Send phone to samsung to be updated,

3.Get new phone.

Don't know what to do?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

There is a G8 O2 firmware available. So now its possible for you to unofficially update to the latest firmware available, and if you ever have an issue downgrade to the O2 G8 and use your waranty.

I.e. you can now downgrade to an official O2 build so they'll never know u updated unofficially.

Having said that, there arent huge changes in the new firmware, except G8 -> H7. That significantly improved the speed of the phone.

What firmware are you on?

3. Sumo

Im on h6 that came with the phone,only thing is i havent got a clue how to download new firmware to the thing. was kind of hoping the NPS would do it all for me but that wont work,or never will acording to samsung!:mad:

Kind of bummed as i love the thing!

4. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

I think in the end they'll be forced to do it through NPS. But for now, yeah it sucks.

Using odin (unnoficial) isnt actually very hard.

5. Sumo

Are you in the uk? on O2? mate.

6. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

I'm in the UK, but i bought mine from germany so its a O2 germany region phone. I got it very very early when there was hardly anyone even in this section of the forum :p

I've updated back and forth to every firmware thats out there. I'm on T-Mobile UK.