Need help...am I completely rooted, or partially?!!?!

Last Updated:

1. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I was running stock 2.1 on my Droid and I recently rooted it using the instructions here: How-To Root your stock 2.1 Droid.

It went off without a hitch. Then, I went to Froyo 2.2, as found here: Download: Newer Motorola Droid Froyo Leak FRF57 | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog.

After switching to Froyo, it appeared that I was having some issues with my root. I still had the superuser ninja, and I could still use Terminal Emulator. When I opened upTitanium Backup though, it asked me to allow permission which I did, and then it told me that I was not rooted (Setcpu behaved similarly). So I went and applied the update patch available on the Droid-Life page where I got Froyo and it appeared to work. To my knowledge I AM rooted. I have a custom boot animation and Titanium and Setcpu are working fine. Titanium says my root access is ok and that I am using busybox 1.15.3 from app. All is well, EXCEPT that when I try to use the cp command via terminal emulator I cannot. I recently tried to add a custom boot animation using the following:

su
    mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    cp /sdcard/bootanimation.zip /system/media/bootanimation.zip
    mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    exit

After the first line of code I got:
    usage: mount [-r] [-w] [-o options] [-type] device directory

After the second line however I got the error cp not found.. HOWEVER, I was able to apply the boot animation using root explorer. Also, i tested the command busybox and got busybox not found. I can still utilize cd /system app though.

Basically I need to know if I am only partially rooted. I am having a ball with this phone and I would hate to be unable to do some future root process because of a glitch now. I know this post is long lol, but ne help would truly be appreciated!!!!:D:D:D

Advertisement
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Try going into Titanium Back up again and click on "Problems?". I think you have an issue with busybox. I think that should fix your problems.

3. Helenoftroy08

Thanks for the quick reply Xmr! I tried that and no joy. :(

4. Helenoftroy08