1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Need help ASAP about UNROOTING my maxx

1. iMurderous

iMurderous Member

I need to know what to do to unroot the phone. I rooted but am wanting to return the phone. They wont accept rooted phones. I used pwnmymoto, but cant find how to unroot it.

Advertisement
    :
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I'm pretty sure that you need to run RSD Lite and install the FXZ for the phone to return it to stock unrooted.

(Note: I have not done this with a Maxx, but I have with a Droid 3. I'm basing this on what I've read elsewhere. If it doesn't work - not my fault.)

See this thread on xda-developers.com: [FXZ] Motorola Droid Ultra/Ultra MAXX FXZ download link - xda-developers

It has the location to download the FXZ file. You'll want the second link, named obake-maxx_verizon-user-4.2.2-12.9.0Q2.X-160-OBK_TA-14-7-7-release-keys-CFC.xml.zip, in case that isn't obvious.

The rest of the instructions you should be able to follow from here (these are for the Ultra; the Maxx is similar enough. Just make sure that you're using the link I described above, for the Maxx, rather than the Ultra FXZ file): Unbrick, unroot and restore DROID Ultra to stock with factory firmware and RSD Lite | AndroMods

The only thing I'd add is to make sure that the battery is well charged. Full charge is probably a great idea.
  3. iMurderous

iMurderous Member

OK so I found a setting in supersu, that says unroot. I clicked it, it then went to desktop or home screen, now when I run thebroot checker it says its not rooted. Is this definitely unrooted? Meaning best buy won't be able to tell? Or do I need to do something else?
  4. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I don't know.
  5. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member Guide

That should have un rooted it but I would do a factory data reset just to wipe the phone clean before you return it.