need help asap!! mine phone is playing by itselfGeneral

Last Updated:

1. barbz

barbz Active Member

I have 2 audiobooks on a sd card in its on folder with music in another folder and twice, the book started playing by itself...help before I go get my iphone back!!

Advertisement
  2. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

did you try a reboot?
    barbz likes this.
  3. Goodspike

Goodspike Well-Known Member

Seriously, my guess would be your phone is connecting to a bluetooth device, and that is causing the music to start playing.
  4. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

Barbz, what app are you using to play the audiobooks? I'd assume it's likely a problem with the app and not the audibooks or your phone.
    barbz and Brian706 like this.
  5. Brian706

Brian706 Moderator Moderator

Cleaned up the thread a little bit. Please stay on-topic, especially in help threads, and keep it civil please. :)

Any questions/concerns, please PM me.
    D-U-R-X, Petrah, ocnbrze and 4 others like this.
  6. barbz

barbz Active Member

thanks for the help, coming from an iphone, android is very different. sorry if I am being a bother, anyway bluetooth is off and there are 3 players on s4, es media, google play and sound player I am not sure which one was using it as it came on when I was away from my desk, someone told me poweramp is a good music player. should I delete those and install that one and a book reader?
  7. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

I don't know if that would fix the issue. If it's caused by the stock music player, you're unable to delete that app; since it's a system app. I did some research and have found several S4 users are experiencing the same problem.

The only thing I can suggest would be doing a factory reset. This youtube video can walk you through the process.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Factory Reset Hard Reset - YouTube
    ocnbrze and barbz like this.
  8. barbz

barbz Active Member

thank you B2, also I have had to reset my phone twice today because it wouldn't download or do anything with 4g...is this normal? thank you for your help I will do the reset when I go home tonight
    scary alien likes this.
  9. B2L

B2L Well-Known Member

That all depends on coverage. Do you normally get 4G in that area? If so, you might want to take it in to AT&T. Or at least check with them, in case they were having an outage in your area. You could be having hardware issues, that are causing several problems.