• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help asap!!!

iamloco724

Android Enthusiast
Nov 6, 2009
i just tried this from another post

"Originally Posted by gtdriver
if you open the phone app and type *#*#4636#*#* it will open a menu, if you click Phone info and scroll to the bottom there is a pull down menu to set prefered network type. You can lock it onto what you want, but if you leave an area and go somewhere what its locked on you won't have service.. sometimes it will choose the slower connection cause the signal is stronger so you can prevent it from using the slower connection this way.. Someone else can probably explain the options better then I can, I just know its there from using my G1 on tmobile and kept it locked on 3G unless I was leaving town.."

to see if i could get a better signal and set it to evdo i was getting a better signal in the stats but now i cant make calls nore can i dial this settings to change it back im stuck now what do i do i need help asap

internet seems to be working but cant dial anything including *228 or that number for those settings

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones