need help bad with unrooting my phone.

1. cripledsmurf

cripledsmurf Member

i recently wanted to unroot my htc evo design and get it back to favtory but i think i screwed up. i rooted it and accecidently updated it to the latest software number over the air. i unlocked the bootloader like normal but i cant get it to go to recovery mode. it just pulls up the htc booting screen and doesnt go any farther. please help me with any info you can give me.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

I can't find an RUU for this phone. I've been on XDA, and I've searched the googles. Why isn't there anything for this device?

I'm going to get a few more folks involved and see what we come up with. Hold tight. :)
  3. Granite1

Ok, I've found some info for you, finally!!!

Here is a thread over at xda with instructions to flash a recovery. I assume your hboot still says unlocked, correct? If so go here and use this:
    [Recovery]CWM Recovery For HTC Design 4G & HeroS (aka Kingdom) - xda-developers

Also I've found a bunch of links for your phone that should help you:
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=evo%20design%20stock%20ruu&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CDEQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D1399351&ei=WI-DT-TMGebn0QHii_TqBw&usg=AFQjCNEK3W5StUIRamf3LpxUKRjzOZuEZw

Hopefully something in these links will help. Let us know how it goes!! :)
  4. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Here's the stock RUU.

Shipped ROMs

You have to use a PC with Windows to flash it.

Give me a minute to see why this is different than other RUU's. Just downloaded it and this just doesn't look right.

Do you know how to get to Hboot?

Ok got what you need. Download and put this file onto the root of your MicroSD card

PH44IMG.zip

Boot up into HBoot and let it run. You'll probably have to select a few keys, just read the screen and when it asks you to update, always select yes.

Hold Vol Down + Power to get into Hboot.

This should completely revert everything back to stock. Let us know if you need anything else, and see you on the boards. :D
    Granite1 likes this.
  5. cripledsmurf

cripledsmurf Member

dowloading the file that iowa posted.i will try this metheod. thanks you guys for finding me info on solutions. i will post in a few and let you know if it worked.:D
  6. cripledsmurf

cripledsmurf Member

it didnt work.it was checking the image file and the loading bar on the right side went all th way up but after that it said parsing the file and then it just went away. i will try granites method now
  7. IOWA

You have to let it sit for a bit. Sometimes it takes 15-30 minutes to complete.
    Granite1 likes this.
  8. cripledsmurf

cripledsmurf Member

i have let it set for over 30 minutes now.and now it is just sitting at the white hboot screen and it hassnt popped up to give me the option to hit volume up to update.i will try and download the revovery file from 2fast roms that granite mentioned on the link.
  9. IOWA

Yeah, give it a shot.
  10. cripledsmurf

cripledsmurf Member

tried the 2fastroms file and it said weong file for update.is there a ruu program that unroots phones?
  11. cripledsmurf

cripledsmurf Member

does that zip file need to be unzipped to work and i have another zip file on my phone that is a custom rom.should i delete that rom off there before trying to restore the phone?
  12. IOWA

No, put it on your SD fully zipped. Don't touch it other than to move it.
  13. cripledsmurf

cripledsmurf Member

i dug through some forums and found a ruu.exe . i think thats what your were talking about in the first place iowa. im crossing my fingers and hoping this program will do the trick
  14. cripledsmurf

cripledsmurf Member

i tried to get it to work like 4 times now and would my phone reject it cause its s-on?
  15. cripledsmurf

cripledsmurf Member

:confused:i relocked my bootlader and now for some reason the metheod where you put it on your sd card and let it scan for it, is kinda working. when it said checking file it had a loading bar on the right side and before it didnt. after checking the file it went away again but i feel like we are getting close to unrooting this bad boy ps the ruu.exe program kept stopping half way through saying that i had the wrong program version but i checked before i messed with it. if you guys know anybody that can help me please let me know cause this is getting tiring.:(
  16. Granite1

The issue with your phone is that it just came out, and there aren't that many developers working on it. I'm really frustrated that the RUU's we've found won't work. :(

We've all scoured XDA and google to find anything. I'll send a PM to the OP over at XDA and ask for assistance, see where we end up.
    IOWA likes this.
  17. IOWA

Without physically being there to see the device and see what's going on, I can't really think of anything else to try.
  18. cripledsmurf

cripledsmurf Member

I understand. I am trying anything i come across but nothing is working. I thank you for all the help.you have given me up to this point. If you contact xda then make sure and post on thit thread and lead me know.
  19. Mikessv

Mikessv Well-Known Member

Does this work with the Htc Evo Design 4g???
  20. Mikessv

Mikessv Well-Known Member

Boost mobile