Need help badly...:(Support

Last Updated:

1. Primoose

Primoose New Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 20, 2009
    Hello. First of all I want to start out by saying sorry. I'm sure you guys get these kinds of posts from noobs all the time, but I really need some help.

Some time ago I rooted my phone and installed Cyanogen mod and DarkDream theme on my phone. Now suddenly, I'm having all kinds of trouble with my phone. Oh, I have a T-Mobile G1. Anyway, my phone isn't letting me surf the web, send/receive picture messages, access the android market all of a sudden. I followed the instructions on this link.

Everything was fine for a few weeks, it just suddenly stopped. After having the fun that I did with a new theme (really the only reason I did it, didn't care about multitouch and all that) I decided that I want my internet back and picture messaging and whatnot. It wasn't worth it. I booted my phone with Home+Power and hit *restore to factory settings* thinking that it would somehow boot it back to the way it was when I first got it. I was dead wrong.

Now it just boots to the DarkDream loading screen, and afterwards the screen just stays gray. I looked everywhere for a way to downgrade back to the original factory settings, the way the phone is SUPPOSED to be but came up with absolutely nothing.

Now, I have a warranty on the phone with T-Mobile. I was thinking I could just go in and have it replaced. But that's not the case, seeing as if they booted the phone just to check if they can figure out what's wrong with it, it would boot with the DarkDream custom boot screen and they would say that due to me tampering with the software, they couldn't replace it. This is a very expensive phone! I don't know if T-Mobile covers water damage, because I was thinking of just dropping it in water and letting it fry, then bringing it to them and getting it replaced for $50.

But that is a last resort. I came here looking for an answer. Is there ANYTHING I can do? I just want the phone back to where it's supposed to be. Being able to receive the normal updates automatically from t-mobile, etc. etc.

I shouldn't have tampered with something I don't fully understand, and for that I apologize. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope someone has an answer.

2. Sweed

Sweed Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2009