• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
First question - why do you want to root the phone? Unless you have a specific reason, all you're doing is voiding the warranty for no reason. (Rooting isn't something you "just do". It doesn't change anything about how the phone works, unless you're running an app that won't run on an unrooted phone. The apps you're likely to use won't require root.)

Second, if a oneclick root written for that phone didn't work, I wouldn't fool around any further. You're more likely to brick the phone than root it.

Third, you don't root using Odin, you use adb.

Upvote 0
First question - why do you want to root the phone? Unless you have a specific reason, all you're doing is voiding the warranty for no reason. (Rooting isn't something you "just do". It doesn't change anything about how the phone works, unless you're running an app that won't run on an unrooted phone. The apps you're likely to use won't require root.)

Second, if a oneclick root written for that phone didn't work, I wouldn't fool around any further. You're more likely to brick the phone than root it.

Third, you don't root using Odin, you use adb.

Ive used adb and it says it roots my phone but I use rootchecker and it says its nor eooted

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones