1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Need Help! (Camera)Support

1. Jevans18

Jevans18 New Member

Well, i got my lovely new note 2 on Saturday only for it later to say 'Camera Failed' whenever i try to take pictures and try out that burst option (really cool btw) I have searched around the internet, followed peoples advice with the same problem on the S3 to no luck. I have tried resetting it to factory, deleted interfering apps but nothing! Third party apps don't even work..

I have even contacted Samsung today only for them to say it might be fault and i should take it to a workshop, but i've seen other people say it can be fixed without taking it for repair, does anyone have any help? I need the camera for work..

Sorry for all the text..

Advertisement
    :
  2. Ballymoss

Ballymoss Well-Known Member

Have you tried downloading a Camera App such as Camera Zoom FX? It overrides the existing camera.
    Jevans18 likes this.
  3. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

Why not just take it back to the shop & get a bew one?, you are within 7 days so if you are in the UK they have to replace it with a brand new one, i took mine back last friday as one of the gyro's stopped working! all good now though ;-)
    Jevans18 likes this.
  4. Jevans18

Jevans18 New Member

I have just tired that and whilst it doesnt come up with camera failed, it just displays nothing.. I think that confirms to me that its fauly :( thanks for your help.
  5. Jevans18

Jevans18 New Member

Yeah, im gonna have to.. quite disappointed i have to say...
  6. evohicks

evohicks Well-Known Member

I think most places in the UK are 28 days like for like, at least it was when I got my last phone Galaxy S2 from Phones 4 U.
  7. PiscesCloud

PiscesCloud Well-Known Member

Hi Peter

Can you describe the symptoms please?
  8. yc_dgan

yc_dgan Member

I have a different problem here. Sometimes when I launch the camera app, the app launches swiftly, but the camera preview stay blank (black) for 5 seconds or so before it finally shows something. Is anyone else encountering the same thing?
    I contacted Samsung and they told me to reset the camera app. Well it didn't help.
  9. Jevans18

Jevans18 New Member

NO unfortunately samsung aren't to helpful like that, my problem is all sorted now. Before i took it back i was told to try resetting it back to factory (wouldn't advise) using a third party camera app, or seeing if any other apps are interfering. If it's still working it just sounds a it laggy, but if not you are going to have to take it back.
  10. floydee

floydee New Member

Hi. I am new to the android world. All my previous phones were from apple. I just
    got my note 2 and its been amazing :) My query is with the gallery icon on the note 2.
    I have only taken about 40 pics but each time I click the icon, it does take some time for the pics to appear. I must add here that all my facebook albums are also displayed. Is this normal?
  11. peter7769

peter7769 Well-Known Member

Yes this is normal, I think the delay is caused by it looking for all the Facebook albums, I have found that if I go into the gallery & then quickly go back out and in again it loads quicker. There are ways to remove the fb, albums but I prefer to have them :)
  12. Veritas4420

Veritas4420 Well-Known Member

I had the "Camera Failed" message on my S2 Skyrocket. I had to send it back and they replaced what they needed to and sent me back the same phone. Very annoying process since I was without a phone.
  13. brentvaldez01

brentvaldez01 New Member

Same as mine only display black screen then it says camera failed