• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help connecting G Watch to Galaxy S4

oleb84

Android Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2011
London
This is really pissing me off now.

I can't connect my new G Watch to my S4. I think I've tried everything...
Reset both phone and watch
Uninstalled and reinstalled Android Wear
Bluetooth is switched on

On the wear app it just says Emulator connecting. On the watch it says my phone has no internet connection but it does.

The only thing I'm not sure about is that under Bluetooth settings it just says watch is paired, not connected like it would if i was connected to speakers or headphones but I can't figure out a way for it to say "connected".

Took three Best Buy dudes to get mine from sitting stuck at 'wait a sec' to working. Google really needs to forego the vague crap and offer a user guide. But after an hour of frustration it works fine, even if I disconnected it from the phone. Takes two days before it starts working 100% (probably Google Now adjusting to your pattern) before it memorizes your daily schedule and common voice actions you will deal often with the 'disconnected cloud' symbol when using the OK Google function.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones