Need Help, Contacts deleted and need help re syncingSupport

Last Updated:

1. irmac

irmac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so last night, I decided I wanted to delete my gmail account on my Droid Eris and add my primary gmail account. ex. went into managae apps and cleared data for account1@gmail.com, then I reset up my phone with account2@gmail.com. I just realized by clearing data, I deleted all of my contacts off of my phone. Luckily I went online and checked account1@gmail.com to see that all of my contacts were still there. How do I get them back onto my phone? Do I need to transfer the contacts from this account to account2@gmail.com? And how do I transfer them? Simply, how do I get my contacts into account2, my primary gmail account on my droid eris, and also back onto the phone?

Thanks In Advance,
    IRM

Advertisement
  2. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Go into "account1@gmail.com", selet contacts. Near the top there is a buttin to export ... make sure the option for "Google CSV format (for importing into a Google account)" is selected. then go into "account1@gmail.com" and imports the CSV file. All your contacts should be in the second account now. Then Sync with the Eris.

I havent tried this myself, but I dont know why it wouldnt work.

3. gruss

gruss Well-Known Member

^^^ do what he says
    My thoughts exactly about 10 minutes after activating this phone all my gmail numbers popped into phone...garbled mess so I delted all imported a csv i made from my Berry into google and 10 minutes later all was right with the world. OP's should work even better going from google to google all the tags and everything should map correctly

4. irmac

irmac Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I got all the contacts into account 2 successfully, how do I sync with my Eris now? Thanks again guys!

5. thetomlin2

thetomlin2 Guest

Fomr the Home Screen: Menu>Settings>Data Synchronization>Google>Contacts

6. frustrated99

frustrated99 New Member

emails not syncing reliably and my contacts keep getting deleted. per the post on troubleshooting this, i went looking for my "contacts" page in my gmail account but i can't find it (does not appear in any of my gmail screen menus). if anyone can please advise, that would be great.

7. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

It should be https://www.google.com/contacts/#contacts but there is also a link to contacts on the left hand sidebar in gmail on the web.