Need Help Convincing my Mom to Get an HTC Evo 4G (for herself)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by PaulMcCartney, May 26, 2010.

1. I am surrounded by iPhone fans at home and they seem to think that it's the best technology has to offer.

I showed my mom the Evo 4G in private because my sister seems to just get mad when I say anything that is "anti-iPhone." :rolleyes: She is already very interested. It seems that the only thing holding her back is the pricing (Sprint vs. AT&T)

Look - I'm not looking for another Apple vs. Google/HTC debate.

I just want you guys to tell me what other things I could say that would make her jump ship to Android. :)

I already showed her the HDMI capabilities (watch movies on the big screen from your phone), camera and some of the GUI.

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    VIP Member

Well, if the features don't get her on-board, you might try the stats on how Android devices are now beginning to overtake iPhone.

That's not small potatoes; Android is the new kid on the block in some ways, but has come out swinging and really has a lot to offer, from a growing apps Market to better configurability.

3. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Computer SuperGenius aka Systems Administrator
    Liverpool, NY
    Why is pricing holding her back, AT&T cannot possibly be cheaper than Sprint.

Does the iPhone have free navigation? Also mention you can use an Android phone without having to sync/connect it to a computer.

-Mike

4. cds0699

cds0699 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Shenandoah Jct WV
    Make sure you emphasize the future capabilities of the Android.

5. Thanks.

She really likes the fact that you can stream movies to your HDTV through the HDMI cable.

6. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday
    VIP Member

Apr 8, 2010
    NYU Student & Real Estate Agent
    Manhattan, NY
    Tell her that it's the "biggest" that she can get. She'll know what that means. Good luck!

7. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Admin
    Chicago
    Tell her you can actually send/receive calls with sprint, and sprint has the only 4g network.

Tapatalk. Samsung Moment. Yep.