• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need Help, corrupt install

HOTHEAD

Nov 6, 2009
Loaded the chevy rom & kernels, did a full wipe cache and all. As I was doing the reboot, the battery died, ( I know, I should have paid attention). Anyways when it came back up, I lost EVERYTHING. Took me 20 minutes to get through the boot menu, and none of my apps will back up. Not really a big deal but the Chevy rom is acting really nutty, so I install the factory look Rom, and Im back up stable. Now I've noticed, my settings shortcut ( basically dont have any settings in menu, or icons menu) the phone dialer is GONE. I do still have the Superuser Icon is still there but if I try to open I force close. Same goes with my set CPU, its there but force closes when opened. Not sure what to do. I tried to reload another Rom, and after the 20 min download it would not prompt to restart.

PLEASE HELP, Im green and could use a hand..

Regards'
HOTHEAD

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones