• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help "drop call" issue

huyngoc

Lurker
Aug 12, 2011
Hello everyone,

My SE Arc has a problem "DROP CALL" 3 days ago. I have this phone around 2 weeks & working fine no issue till this issue happened 3 days ago. My phone is Rogers one but been unlocked & using FIDO network.

When I dial the number then the screen show "Connecting" with the circle spinning around and then cut off. The screen show "CALL END" but I didn't hear any ring at all that means it did not connect.

Also, I can't receive incoming call as well when it happen. When it happen like this then the top left corner screen has the Yellow Triangle Icon msg which telling network is unvailable. I search for the network; sometime it works sometime it won't & show "NETWORK or SIM CARD ERROR"

I bought new SIM card to replace my old one; thought my SIM is way too old. But the issue is still on.

Talked to Fido and they said no issue with their network. Called SE and the Rep help to repair the software but does not resolve the problem. Please don't tell me the hardware issue as I don't want to send the phone to SE as they told me if after the repair the software and the issue is still on then send the fone to them. :(

Just Flash firmware to the Hong Kong version this morning but still has the problem. I don't know what exactly the issue. I have the hard case on; not sure because of this case that can't connect to the network. I have this case since day 1 when I bought the phone and working fine for 2 weeks.

It's not always happen but for now mostly it happened like this. I could tell 99% that I could not make a outgoing call or receive incoming call.

Please help me to fix this problem!!!! I love this fone but start it has the issue then I quite upset with this. Please tell me what I have to do for the fone to resolve the issue. Flash Firmware (and which one?) or Upgrade the Software. Also, please tell me step by step how to do it as I am not really good about this. Thank you kindly everyone!!!!

Thanks & waiting for your help,

HT

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones