need help enabling 850mhz gsm

Last Updated:

1. i2hi4u

i2hi4u Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there a way to force the phone onto the 850mhz gsm band for ATT. I just want to be able to use this phone inside my work. My xenon workerd fine inside buildings and never disconnected. This one disconnects frequently.

Advertisement
  2. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

Antenna design can vary from one phone maker to the next. Such as I've heard before 3g, Motorolas were really good at dealing with weak signal areas. It just depends. But to your question, no. There is no control over the radio.

3. chadmd23

chadmd23 Well-Known Member

If you are looking for a 2G/3G switch for your B2, there is a widget in the market which shows this hidden setting. It's called 2G-3G OnOff.

4. i2hi4u

Im not worried about battery life or 3g. Im in alaska and using att so 3g is non existant. When i use *#2263# the only options are auto, gsm900/1800, GSM 1900, and WCDMA. Auto works ok but i lose all connection inside buildings. My LG xenon had no problems with service anywhere in the building. All i need to do to get better reception is to use the 850mhz band which works better inside buildings.

5. i2hi4u

NVM i figured it out MUCH MUCH BETTER :)

6. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

I just saw someone else posted this and thought of this thread and for those who want to know how, here you go:

http://androidforums.com/samsung-be...where-phone-hangs-during-call.html#post288562