• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need help extreme noob

I got a lg optimus net LG L45C net 10
im pretty sure I bricked the phone as I cant get boot to work. the phone was rooted before it got bricked and I had no recovery at that moment so im stuck with a black screen but notification sounds going off still while on. will show the battery charging but not while its on. my phones usb work but not the mass storage. just the charge only.
is there any steps r software I can use that I can do to undo this or recover. or do I need to replace the phone aka buy a new one having no warranty anymore..

so lets see if i got this right:
your screen isnt turning on
but you hear notification sounds
your usb works, but you cannot connect to mass storage? (is it possible it was on charge only?)

can you see anything on the screen?

do you have insurance on the device?

correct but the light on the screen works.
but I cant see anything.
charger light doesn't turn on when plugged in the charger while phone is on.
usb:Its probably on charge only.
no warranty or insurance

Upvote 0
ok it sounds like something may have come dislodged from the actual screen, an insurance replacement may be what you need in all honesty, i havent heard of this issue before unless you tried to install something that you shouldnt have tried to install

before this happened i was using a boot animation app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simproductions.bachanger&feature=search_result'

after using it few times what i described above is the end result.

Upvote 0
if you have android SDK
open command prompt
navigate to platform-tools
type adb shell
you will get
$
Noy type the following
Code:
$su
#stop bootanimation

on the android or on a computer? can i get some clearer information?
how do i navigate via cmd to platform-tools?
i got it installed im confused at to what to do in the beginning.

Upvote 0
you need to install the android sdk to your computer
Android SDK | Android Developers

and install instructions
Installing the SDK | Android Developers

done but i cant get the cmd right. lol someone paste it for me so i can type it in for the cmd.
my cmd starts like this
C:\Users\Talelorm>
ive tried typeing out the whole folder area. like this. probably wrong. go ahead and laugh
C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\
errorC:\Program' is not a recognized as an internal command opperable program or batch file

i arranged it to start with C:\
but program says its not recognized

EDIT:
im definatly doing something wrong lol.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones