Need help figuring out google calendars and logins!

Last Updated:

1. jlhopwo

jlhopwo Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok,

So I have a google account, jlhopwo@gmail.com. I never use it because it gets spammed mercilessly.

I have a business account, jonathan@jonathanchef.com through google apps. This account is a google account! Google apps runs my jonathanchef website, I use google to access my email, contacts, calendar- these look exactly like the email, contacts, and calendar that are in my non-business @gmail.com account.

The calendar that I can see on my Evo is the jlhopwo@gmail.com. I can get my @jonathanchef.com emails, but I can't seem to be able to pull up the @jonathanchef.com calendar.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. parousia15

parousia15 Member

This is not my area of expertise, but I'll try to help.

I don't know if a non-google calendar can be synced. Perhaps through exchange, but I don't know. Hopefully somebody else can answer this for you.

What you can do is export your calendar. In the settings for google apps calendar there should be a export function. Create a CVS or iCal file (i think google apps does ical) and save it on your computer. Then go to your new google calendar and go to settings then click on import and chose the cvs or iCal file from your desktop. That put all your information to your google calendar, which will sync with your Evo.

3. Misbehavin'

Misbehavin' Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how things work when you use Google apps to run your site as you do with your @jonathanchef.com account. However, if you're getting emails from that domain it looks like you just need to set the sync up to include the calendars. I'm guessing you don't have that set up for some reason.

As an optional workaround, you could share the @jonathanchef.com calendars with your jlhopwo@gmail.com calendars. Then only sync calendars for jlhopwo@gmail.com, since you don't need the email. It's an ugly way to do it, but it would work if your having problems getting the calendars to come straight in. The calendars would also auto-update that way too.