• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help finding an app.

sdogalex

Lurker
Aug 30, 2014
Hey there everyone, I want to install Android 4.4 on my phone, but there is no update and can not figure out how to on my phone. I am using a rooted galaxy reverb. Now, there is not update in the settings and can not find a download for it ANYWHERE!!! I was wondering if there was an app that would allow me to install 4.4 on my device. I want it to think my phone is like an S5 or HTC one so I can get the updates from settings or just from anywhere. Thanks for your help, if there is an app just remember I am rooted. If not, thanks anyways I guess

Sorry, there's no such app (that I have ever heard of). Someone would have to custom-build a ROM for the Reverb and I doubt that will ever happen. It would be nice to have, but the phone is already a couple of years old and there hasn't been any activity on here for it in a while. I'm probably going to keep my Reverb for another year or so, unless it gets lost, broken, or stolen -- because it still works well enough that I can't justify replacing it yet.

I hope someday we get to a point where all phones are designed to boot from the microSD card and we can just download the latest OS from Google and the latest drivers from the phone manufacturer and install it like you would install Windows or Linux on a PC. But, at present, it just isn't that simple.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones