• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [CDMA] Need help fixing Bricked Moto G

MidshipAc

Jul 7, 2013
Georgia
I can get P.A 5 Alpha to run via fastbooting the system img, boot img, and userdata img (Seraph's Creations) but it is still in alpha so its not much use.
I tried side loading "falcon_KXB21.14-L1.57_kernel.zip - Stock 4.4.4 kernel" and "Deodexed, debloated, and rooted Stock KXB21.14-L1.57. falcon_KXB21.14-L1.57_deodexed.zip" but when i reboot the device the screen goes black after the first world on the Moto Boot animation.

Any help is appreciated.
Also i dont have any backups i "lost" them. o_O

Can your PC see your device via adb? Open a command window and type "adb devices" (no quotes)
You should see the device listed if so you can push a zip to your SD via adb.

Yes all that works but when i tried to reboot my phone after sideloading "Deodexed, debloated, and rooted Stock KXB21.14-L1.57. falcon_KXB21.14-L1.57_deodexed.zip" (from superr's thread) the screen comes on and then mid boot animation it goes black but the backlight is still on

Upvote 0
From another thread where we're helping a guy get back. May be the best way for you.
Taken from here...

http://androidforums.com/index.php?threads/888145/
Post #35

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4PT9WP-u_z9NXRBWF9EV2lGcWs/preview
Go to this link and download the file. It's mfastboot. Extract it to your desktop for easy access. After that go to the link the guy above posted and download the file in the first post on returning to stock. After it's done downloading extract it to your desktop (easy access). Go to your desktop and open the file you just downloaded. Highlight all the files inside and copy them. Then go to the "mfastboot-v2" folder (you should have this on your desktop too). Paste the files in there. Now you have all the files you need in your mfastboot folder. Put your phone in fastboot mode. Connect your phone to your computer. (By the way you should have the Motorola USB drivers installed on your computer too). While in your mfastboot folder, open command prompt (Hold SHIFT button and right click). You'll see an option "Open command window here". Click that. Make sure your computer recognizes your phone by typing in " mfastboot devices " (no quotes). If a number is listed you're good to go. Okay now these are the commands you will type listed in order (hitting Enter after each one.)
1) mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
2) mfastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
3) mfastboot reboot-bootloader

The third command you enter will reboot your boot loader. When your phone goes back to the fastboot screen continue with the commands.

4) mfastboot flash logo logo.bin
5) mfastboot flash boot boot.img
6) mfastboot flash recovery recovery.img
7) mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk1
8 ) mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk2
9) mfastboot flash system system.img_sparsechunk3
10) mfastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin
11) mfastboot erase modemst1
12) mfastboot erase modemst2
13) mfastboot flash fsg fsg.mbn
14) mfastboot erase cache
15) mfastboot erase user data
16) mfastboot reboot

After entering these commands in order your phone should reboot and be working. This worked for me I was on 4.4.2. After doing this you will be on Jellybean 4.3 but you can just go through the software updates and be back on 4.4.4. That's why I did. Hopefully this helps and sorry if my instructions were confusing this is my first post haha. Good luck.."

Upvote 0
i cant push .zips
Code:
C:\Users\alex\Documents\MotoG\motogtools\MotoG-Tools>adb usb

C:\Users\alex\Documents\MotoG\motogtools\MotoG-Tools>adb devices
List of devices attached
TA9650MXCQ      recovery

C:\Users\alex\Documents\MotoG\motogtools\MotoG-Tools>adb push falcon_KXB21.14-L1
.57_partition_updater_2.zip /sdcard
failed to copy 'falcon_KXB21.14-L1.57_partition_updater_2.zip' to '/sdcard/falco
n_KXB21.14-L1.57_partition_updater_2.zip': Permission denied

Code:
C:\Users\alex\Documents\MotoG\motogtools\MotoG-Tools>adb push falcon_KXB21.14-L1
.57_partition_updater_2.zip /data/media/0
failed to copy 'falcon_KXB21.14-L1.57_partition_updater_2.zip' to '/data/media/0
/falcon_KXB21.14-L1.57_partition_updater_2.zip': Permission denied

Upvote 0
I can get P.A 5 Alpha to run via fastbooting the system img, boot img, and userdata img (Seraph's Creations) but it is still in alpha so its not much use.
I tried side loading "falcon_KXB21.14-L1.57_kernel.zip - Stock 4.4.4 kernel" and "Deodexed, debloated, and rooted Stock KXB21.14-L1.57. falcon_KXB21.14-L1.57_deodexed.zip" but when i reboot the device the screen goes black after the first world on the Moto Boot animation.

Any help is appreciated.
Also i dont have any backups i "lost" them. o_O

Find a recovery image, philz whatever. flash it in fastboot just like you did the img files.
when thats done, use fastboot and boot into recovery
flash your new ROM, Gapps, SuperSU all via sideboot
reboot

Upvote 0
when i flash
Code:
 mfastboot flash partition gpt.bin
i get
Code:
target max-sparse-size: 256MB
sending 'partition' (32 KB)...
OKAY [  0.048s]
writing 'partition'...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.460s

recovery shows in pink
Code:
version downgraded for primary_gpt

Upvote 0
Woo Hoo. Its been revived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Sometime during the process i had download "falcon_boost_user_4.4.2_KXB20.9-1.10-1.18-1.1_1_release-keys-cid9"

(can be found
Here, thanks lost101) and i had placed it in my folder with adb and fastboot.
Double clicked that batch file and it started executing commands in fastboot, which were all executed correctly.
After that i flashed philz touch (Here) via fastboot then rebooted to recovery and sideloaded falcon_KXB21.14-L1.57_partition_updater_2 (Here)
that went through and the phone rebooted

Reactions: starkraving
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones