Need help fixing some issues on my moment..Support

Last Updated:

1. italygrl1

italygrl1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I didn't want to take my phone to the third party tech because i've taken it there before and they only wiped the phone and it continued to have issues.I did that myself last time anyway.It is currently still having issues and i have been talking to a sprint executive services agent for a while now and i had my phone swapped out for a different model and still having issues...In fact more issues now.I'm wondering if i should just switch to a palm pre from the moment? Im just wondering about the apps and stuff cuz a lot of them are free for android and i dont know about the pre's app store and im really into apps and all that.

As of now i dont receive emails unless i manually retreive them..I dont get a notification for it,vibrate doesn't work for texts,only for calls and when i press end to turn the screen off it no longer worked and then now it works on and off..Not to mention EVERYTHING on the phone lagging quite a bit.A sprint chat person told me it was a mechanical failure in the phone.I just dont want to have the phone wiped and everything lost and them tell me its working and it not be and then go through this all over again as i did last time.

So any opinions on what i should do??
    I would just like to make a simple phone call..That would be nice.

Advertisement
  2. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

That sucks. I know after I flashed my phone that the vibrate for my text hasn't been working either, but I'm getting a new Moment so I hope that fixes my issue.

I have the issues on and off with my email as well and they pretty much told me to just use my Gmail account which I wasn't to happy about. I'm just sticking with this phone till I can upgrade.

3. dntesinfrno

dntesinfrno Well-Known Member

The sprint tech probably only did a hard reset on the phone which returns everything to the default settings, this would not correct a corrupt OS. The best thing i can reccomend is to flash the stock 2.1 with the sprint update tool available here.....

Sprint Software Downloads - Smartphones - Samsung Moment with Google

This will wipe your data so backup your apps/settings before you do the flash. There are several apps available on the market that will do this. If the problems persist after loading the stock OS then your issues are hardware based and the phone is defective.

4. SoulTerror

SoulTerror Well-Known Member

MyBackup Pro is a great app for backing up and restoring data.

5. ovrrdrive

ovrrdrive Well-Known Member

I wasn't too happy with the way the email program handled my emails when I got my phone because I leave my pc on at home all the time with my email open and I wanted to get my emails to my phone too. I solved that by going to the comcast website and setting up an auto forward to a new gmail account that I set up on the phone. The result is is I get my emails pushed to the phone now and everything is great,

The other issues you have ( and I hate to quote the great catch all) would most likely be fixed by rooting the phone and flashing one of the latest custom roms. They change everything about the phone and the way it works.

Android is great. I wouldn't give up on it just yet and if I was I damned sure woudn't get a pre. That tech is on it's way out fast.