• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need Help Formatting a 32gb micro SD card on my Droid

Aaron Kester

Apr 10, 2010
I just bought a San Disk 32gb Micro SD card and can't get it to format properly. I put it in my phone and the first thing it says is Blan SD card (SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem in the notification bar. I go to the settings and try to format it but when I do nothing changes. It still says the exact same thing and it wont let me mount the card when i press to mount it. It also wont ever connect to USB when I have it plugged into my computer. When I put it in my SD card adapter and put it in my computer and when I click on the drive it says I have to format it, but when I go through the computer format process I always get an error message and it wont complete.

Does anyone know how to fix my problem.

8gb microsd HC card from Omnia i910 windows phone wouldn't mount in Samsung intercept Android and wouldn't let Droid 2 global boot past M logo. After the first time the Droid 2 (already booted) wouldn't recognize this card that worked before, I reformatted in the Omnia but that didn't help. Then I did a slow full format FAT32 on windows 7 and that still didn't help. The verizon store couldn't get any android to boot with that card in it, so I put it back in the omnia expecting never to use it in an android until I found your link to format microsd cards. I chose full erase format and voila, the Intercept mounted the card and reads it fine. I'll recheck the Droid 2 when spouse returns home but I'm sure it'll work now.:) Thank you!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones