1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

need help getting psnSupport

1. p1ayrTh3 Ru13

p1ayrTh3 Ru13 Well-Known Member

I need help using my lg axis to tether to my ps3 (and psp and xbox if possible) I've searched,but no tutorials show a winxp method.I know I need a ethernet cable (can it be switched with a wi router?), my phonw w/unlimited data,and my computer. I don't kno what app I need but I think I know how to set up the connection,But not 100% on xp. So help would be good.

Advertisement
  2. mrnumi

mrnumi Member

Can't help with the setup as I've never tried any of them, but if you do a search for 'tether' on the market you'll get a couple of apps there. Everyone seems to like Barnacle but I know you have to be rooted for that one. I know PDAnet will work without root access, and I'm pretty sure there's another one that works without root but I can't remember the name of it at the moment.
  3. myfishbear

myfishbear Well-Known Member

get barnacle, wireless router,(or a comp with either a wireless card or just connect usb), and 3 rj45 cables... windows is not needed, try ubuntu if this is a low end comp dedicated for this or try dd-wrt firmware on your router.
  4. Afteraffekt

Afteraffekt Well-Known Member

5. p1ayrTh3 Ru13

@thebearfish-ok I barely understood what u said.
    and I found it out from YouTube. Plus,just saying, none of the "wifi" apps availible for android (other than phone/brand specific hotspots apps) aren't true wifi. They are ad-hoc meaning pretty much only wireless tethering for PC's. But yea I found it out.
  6. p1ayrTh3 Ru13

Alright, I am still stuck. I read online how to connect directly from ps3 to pc, but I need help trying to open up the ethernet port so I can use the connection port. I'm stuck and need any help plz