NEED HELP! Have Unrevoked 3 and Froyo.

Last Updated:

1. Jcooper131

Jcooper131 Member This Topic's Starter

I have Unrevoked 3 and 2 weeks ago I installed the updated Froyo and I am having a lot of trouble, (phone sometimes wont let me answer and Handcent freezes and I have to force close). I want to reinstall Froyo and see if that helps. Anyone have any suggestions or can point me to a good updated version of Froyo for rooted phones. I used Titanium Backup last time to back up my apps.

Thanks for your help!

Advertisement
  2. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

I think the solution for you is to do a wipe, reflash the 2.2 rom, and be very selective what you restore. For me, I found out that soemthing in my backup was F_king up 2.2. I ended up reinstalling and reconfiguring everything from scratch.

3. exBBuser

exBBuser Well-Known Member

By updated Froyo, do you mean the latest OTA?If so do hard reset and go from there.

4. Jcooper131

I installed the Froyo for users of unrevoked 3. Not sure were I downloaded it from. It was about 2 weeks ago.

5. Jcooper131

Can you tell me where I can find a step by step instructions for this. I am sort of a newbie when it comes to root.

6. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns! VIP Member

To do a factory reset:
    Settings > SD & phone storage > Factory data reset

This will delete all user data but will retain the OS. So if you're on a rooted 2.2, you will stay at a rooted 2.2.

You can reflash the ROM at this point, or just start rebuilding your homescreens, apps, and settings.

See also this thread for details on how to make sure you rebuild 2.2 cleanly:
    http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-support-troubleshooting/141369-how-fix-froyo.html

7. Jcooper131

Thank you all for the help. I got it fixed.