• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help here please.. ZtE Source <RooTeD>

Mi5cr3anT

Lurker
Jan 15, 2013
Hi all!! I hope everyone had safe St. Paddy's Day.
Well here goes..I am helping a friend out with his ZtE Source,I have rooted the phone and am in the process of trying to flash the only rom

<http://androidforums.com/source-all-things-root/824025-rom-oc-kernel-open-android-ssh-sorta-stock-hera-aroma-custom-installer-updated-03-06-a.html>

pretty much for this phone and I have hit a wall. It seems I need to flash the rom via cwm which i am currently declaring impossible due to the fact that my paid version of 4ext is no help because the phone is not compatible. Well anyways I have managed to install cwm but unfortunately by default it keeps booting into recovery (stock) every time and I can't get into cwm recovery instead of stock...I know I've overlooking something. So any suggestions on how to get into cwm recovery would be very much appreciated..Thanks in advance!

Hey thanks for the quick response,sorry I fell asleep last night.
So yes..it is a cwm for the phone

(ZTE Source).ZTE Source (n9511) Rooted W/CWM Recovery! - Page 5 - xda-developers

I'm thinking the same as you,something went wrong when installing cwm somehow. I will go back through the root process and see if that helps,any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
Hi Mi5cr3anT, I moved your question to the ZTE Source root forum for more focused help :)

Hello Kate and thank you ;)
I was actually coming to post that i finally, after several attempts, got my cwm recovery so i guess it can actually be closed now. I went back through the steps involving cwm and got it to work, like I said it was a long day and I figured I had skipped over or missed something :)
Thanks everyone for the help and support :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones