Need help, I just rooted and am having problems

Last Updated:

1. Buck Shot

Buck Shot Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ok so i just rooted my N1 and I put the flash recovery and then loaded the latest cynagen rom. I seen the home screens and loved it but i have like 10 apps. No app market, nothing. i have browser, gallery cam, and a few others. What the hell did I do or need to do and how do i take this damn ROM off??? for a while the boot animation screen just kept loading then froze. after several battery pulls i got it to turn on.

I did everything as per the video in the root sub forum.

and yes i know this is the wrong section but i want my N1 back asap. Please help.

Advertisement
  2. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

It sounds to me like the ROM didn't flash properly. I've had it before where it will boot into a constant loop on the boot image. It usually means something isn't right and you should flash it again. If you pull the battery during the first boot you stand the chance of breaking the ROM's initial startup and thus losing functionality or apps.

If you did a nandroid backup then simply restore from that from the recovery menu. If you didn't, just find another ROM such as Modaco or similar and try and re-flash with that.
    Where did you get the latest Cyanogen ROM? I currently get all my ROMs from Modaco and use their online kitchen to bake them so I can remove unwanted stock apps and add some useful functionality.

3. Buck Shot

4. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Sounds like you've got the ROM sorted, have you installed the GApps package?

Google got funny with him for including their stuff in his ROMs, so it has to be done separately.

5. phenixdragon

phenixdragon Well-Known Member

6. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

Oh you're right. I forgot about the google package!
    Modaco have everything already installed and I've honestly never used a stock Cyanogen ROM.

7. phenixdragon

I'm just learning about it myself. Just found out about 10 minutes ago after trying to figure out how to install is last night. This is all new to me.

8. Buck Shot

this is the ROM i loaded. Is this not the full rom and just an add on? Do you have a link for the reg ROM. And I just tried Modanco and that fore closed on me like crazy. If you guys could be nice enough to link me to the right place for ROMS as the rooted sub forum links seem to not be working for me. I have followed that video instruction to the T

9. Buck Shot

even a link for the flash recovery. Its almost 5am here in new jersey. i am not going to sleep until this is fixed

10. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

11. phenixdragon

What do you mean? It's the same process as flashing the ROM but instead you select the Google Apps pack. You just put the zip file on your SD card and it will show up.

12. phenixdragon

The stock OEM ROM I am not sure where to download it. But if you made a backup via Nandroid then you can use that.

13. Buck Shot

i had the cyanogen rom on there but i had almost no apps and no app market. i thought i did it wrong

14. Buck Shot

unfortunately i didnt backup like a ****in jackass

15. phenixdragon

Ya, I'm not sure if there is a way to get the OEM. I am just learning everything myself.

But I suggest to go back and install the Cyanogen ROM. Download the Google Apps pack and then install that the same way you installed the Cyanogen ROM, but select the Apps pack. You at least will be running with that.

16. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

You can drop back to ERD79 using a ROM from MoDoCo

17. grainysand

grainysand Well-Known Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I flashed a Cyanogen sans the GApps pack, the market was there--just not the space-wasting stuff like the Amazon MP3 store--so Cyanogen's ROM by itself should already come with the market. No?

18. phenixdragon

No, Google told him to take the apps off, such as Gmail, Android Market, etc...so it is not there with the App pack.

19. rori

rori Well-Known Member

that

20. phenixdragon

I had an issue where I was in a loop when I flashed Cyanogen. I went and wiped and it worked after I flashed it again. Did you do a wipe before you flashed Cyanogen? Maybe not the issue you were running into but possible.

21. rori

rori Well-Known Member

First time, I didn

22. phenixdragon

Hm...I say give a try again and make sure you wipe.

23. Buck Shot

so i did something like clear all data and it sent my phone back to original settings along with no update. My phone then tried to update and it loaded halfway and then I got thew little triangle android guy. Battery pull and Im back in business. I just dont understand. The link in this thread is the google add on. Where the **** is the normal cynagen ROM then. maybe i just dont get this shit

24. cyberbob25

cyberbob25 Well-Known Member

All software can be downloaded from the first post in this link: Cyanogenmod For Nexus One V5.0.4.1 (02/27/2010) - CyanogenMod Forum

Once downloaded, copy update-cm-5.0.4.1-N1-signed.zip and gapps-passion-ERE36B-2-signed.zip to the root (top directory) of your sdcard. Reboot the phone into recovery mode and follow these steps:

- Wipe
    - Other
    - Fix apk uid mismatches
    - Flash image from sdcard
    - Select update-cm-5.0.4.1-N1-signed.zip
    - Flash image from sdcard
    - Select gapps-passion-ERE36B-2-signed.zip
    - Reboot

The first time you boot, it will take awhile. Leave it alone until you are at your home screen. You should now have all of the original google apps as well as the latest cyanogen rom.

25. MrNoSox

MrNoSox Well-Known Member

Buck Shot likes this.