1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

Need Help! I lost my gmail account for Android Market

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steven.js

Steven.js Member

I live in Indonesia.

2 days ago i bought Samsung Galaxy Mini

I went to Android market. Then Registered for Gmail account. But because my foolishness, I forgot my password for my gmail account. The next factor for my foolishness is I still not understand about keypad in my Phone. HUMAN ERROR. Now i cannot go to Android Market >.<

Any user can tell me how fix my problem? Thank you before. PLEASE HELP ME!!

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

did you give an alternate email account for your Gmail? Go to a computer and access Gmail from there and click on forgot password.

For the keypad, what dont you understand about keypad? Just pull it up and type on it?
  3. Steven.js

Steven.js Member

No i dont. :(
  4. thefletch

thefletch Well-Known Member

if you go on a computer and try and log into your gmail and press forgot password if you have no alternate email it should ask you a few security questions and allow you to reset your password then on your phone install gmail from the market and enter the new password failing that you will have to do a factory reset (menu-settings-privacy=factory reset) hope this works ;0)
  5. Steven.js

Steven.js Member

i already send to Gmail development team but not response. IF i cannot recover the email. What should i do?
  6. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

Reset the phone to factory defaults, create a new Gmail account. Then immediately have a backup email for it assigned.
  7. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

As long as you didn't buy any apps or media under the previous account (in which case they would be lost), just create a new one. Sometimes you can add the new account and then delete the previous default account without a reset, some phones won't allow you to delete the initial account in which case you'll have to do a hard reset. As mentioned, with the new account you should include a backup email address so that you can recover from a forgotten password in the future. Good luck!
  8. Steven.js

Steven.js Member

how to hard reset? because my phone wont allow to delete the initial account
  9. Steven.js

Steven.js Member

thank you moderator. you are my saver. :) problem solved. It okay to closed my thread ^^
  10. thefletch

thefletch Well-Known Member

a quick idea on the market theres an app called password card get that and also a password keeper that way tou will have a secure password plus you wont need to remember it
  11. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator

Glad I could help!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.