NEED HELP!!, I need to know how to root my MOMENT

Last Updated:

1. jcj77d

jcj77d Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

ive rooted my htc hero, but im have a very very hard time trying to figure out how to root my sprint samsung moment, ive searched & searched for "how to guides", but cant find any complete guides, or guides that work.

PLEASE help.

Advertisement
  2. infamousjax

infamousjax Well-Known Member

jcj77d likes this.
  3. joeykrim

joeykrim Well-Known Member

4. justlovejoy

justlovejoy Well-Known Member

So the custom kernel is really what root is for the moment? Its confusing when transferring from an HTC device to the Samsung for rooting. Totally different process! I am a moment noob when it comes to rooting but I can easily root a g1 or mytouch with two micro sd cards. Its all about files where as I need a pc for rooting this phone.

5. joeykrim

joeykrim Well-Known Member

its not about files or sd cards. its all about android and it being linux based! the files or sd cards are merely the medium to obtaining root.

to obtain root on android (linux) is the goal and different distros (redhat, ubuntu, android, etc) loaded on different hardware require different methods!
    end goal is the exact same. the samsung moment has unique hardware to the android platform, rfs file systems especially.

the custom kernel we've developed at SDX, not only provides root access but removes a lot of junk samsung left in it when they released the kernel. they did a poor job moving the kernel from testing/development to production/release. hence the opportunity we've had to improve it significantly!

i'm sure you'll notice a positive difference! we'd appreciate the feedback and support especially if you are familiar with the g1 and mytouch.

6. jcj77d

jcj77d Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter