• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help improving Rise for wifi only phone

Thagos

Lurker
Oct 24, 2014
Hello all!

Could someone please help me? I have successfully rooted my wife's K-Rise and am trying to make the thing not so bloated. All she uses it for is apps over Wi-Fi such as web browsing, some games, apps like "Viggle," and store apps such as Target.

Bottom line-she does not use it to place or receive phone calls, text messages, or anything a normal cell phone would be used for. It is only used as a Wi-Fi device-like a small PC, etc. (It is not even active-and will not be activated for phone use.

My question is, how can I improve it's performance? She doesn't want any of the Google bloat and the thing runs slow as heck.

Is there a way to free up all of the running google garbage so her other apps will run smoothly? If it was up to me I would strip all of the Google crap off of there but I do not know how to do this without turning it into a paperweight.

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated. I am slightly literate on this but only enough to be dangerous to my devices lol.

Thank you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones