Need help in disabling galaxy s4 security password plzSupport

Last Updated:

1. jackgs4

jackgs4 New Member

I recently set up the security password on my Galaxy s4, every time i lock screen it asks me to enter password. I kinda get tired of entering it now. So i tried to disable or remove the password by going back to the lock screen. But i cant find the disable option in the lock screen. Anyone knows how to remove the password? Plz help thank you!
    -I do have my current password.

Problem resolved!

2. zebug

zebug Well-Known Member

Just to be sure, when you say lock screen do you mean the one through settings> my device> lock screen? That is where you should be looking
    EarlyMon and Rxpert83 like this.
  3. jackgs4

jackgs4 New Member

yes that was what i meant. I solved the problem now. Anyway I really appreciate your time and effort for help! Thank you!
    Rxpert83 likes this.
  4. suedziedzic

suedziedzic New Member

When I go into settings to disable the screen lock, "none" is grayed out and not an option. Now what??? Please help me - I don't want to have a password anymore! It's driving me crazy! Well, maybe I'm exaggerating just a tad.....

5. 2ndHalfCor

2ndHalfCor Well-Known Member

Do you, by chance, have a work email like exchange set up on your phone? If so, you might have a policy active that doesn't allow removing the password lock. You may need to delete the exchange account, remove the password lock and then re-add the account.
  6. suedziedzic

suedziedzic New Member

Why, yes, I do have an exchange work email account. Thank you very much for pointing that out!
  7. teguh3426

teguh3426 New Member

I already removed the exchange mail but however the "none" button still shows in grey. Whats the next step?
  8. Darnell0216

Darnell0216 Well-Known Member

If your business set this up, you may need to ask them how to remove the policy enforced by their security standards.