Need help installing appsSupport

Last Updated:

1. x5starblunt

x5starblunt Member This Topic's Starter

I own an LG eve bought on ebay so I do not have a data plan. I am trying to download a couple free apps on appbrain.com but it tells me to install either a fast web installer app or an appbrain app. The problem is, when i try to go to that very site on my LG EVE (Wi-fi) it tells me my phone isnt synced and i cant install the fast web installer or appbrain app. So my question is how am I supposed to install apps when it wont let my install an app I am supposed to download inorder to install other apps? Is there a way around this? Instructions would be very helpful. I believe my phone has a 1.5 Android version if u needed to know.

Advertisement
  2. SpL3rG3

SpL3rG3 Active Member

well if you are downloading a .apk file you shouldn't need any type of installer. Android will install this when you click on it (similar to a .exe file in windows). you have to make sure your phone is set to allow unknown sources be installed first though (hit the silver menu button and click on settings, then applications. make sure the Unknow sources check box is ticked.) If your phone still wont' install the file, download the application installer file to your PC and transfer it to your phone via usb and then install. You will need a file explorer as well such as ES File explorer to browse your memory card.

3. x5starblunt

x5starblunt Member This Topic's Starter

Thx, not really the answer i was looking for but i found a site where u can install apps for free and the info. u just told me helped in a different way. thx again