Need help installing custom rom - errors

Last Updated:

1. Shouse

Shouse Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm already rooted with fresh 1.5. I've been trying to get to 2.1 with darchdroid. I have the rom in a .zip file already.

I've been trying to back-up the phone. I've tried pre-kitchen which claimed it was successful, but I don't 100% trust it. I also tried doing it manually in the recovery screen which gives me the error "Error: Backup not performed!"
    I also tried flashrec and got the same error the tutorial got (even though they didn't say what was the problem).
    Any ideas what's going on?

Advertisement
  2. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

I've never heard of a Nandroid failing to backup, are you sure you have enough space on your SD card as these aren't small files?

Shouse likes this.
  3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

adb push this.thread /SprintHero/AllThingsRoot

What exactly have you tried from recovery? Be as detailed as possible.

4. Shouse

Yea, space was the problem. I still have the damn 2gig card. I thought I cleared enough but after you mentioned it I wiped more off it and sure enough. 2.1 darchdroid now. thanks for the help.

5. Shouse

One quick question though. I made a nandroid backup but not sure if that's what I use to get all my numbers and stuff back. I did a full reset of the phone. nandroid will do a full reset back to my last rom won't it. What's the best way of getting my phone numbers and such back?

6. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

A nandroid will restore all of your apps, phone numbers, text messages, etc. :)

It restores your phone to the exact way it was when the nandroid was made!

7. Shouse

yea, definitely don't want that than. The only thing I appeared to have lost is my phone numbers. Is this common? Anything I can do?

8. my menace

my menace Well-Known Member

go into the people app, hit menu, then hit import/export, export your numbers to the SD card then when you get your new rom up and running do the same thing only this time, import the contacts back into the people app

9. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

As long as you save new contacts as "Google" contacts instead of "Phone" contacts, you should still have your numbers even after a wipe as they should re-sync with Google.