• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help installing hboot

musicablade

Lurker
Feb 22, 2014
Hi!
I tried to plug in my HTC Desire to my pc but my pc says its unable to recognise my phone.
I followed this guide:
http://androidforums.com/desire-all...d-windows-updated-20th-december-2012-a.html#1
Installing the HTC drivers and uninstalling HTC sync but it still cannot read my phone, and I have enabled USB debugging options.

Also when it does read I cant install the hboot driver as the file was corrupted or incomplete

Im running hboot 0.93.0001

Welcome to the forum :)

When you say "it" cannot read your phone, do you mean unrevoked, or something else? If unrevoked, exactly what happens when you try to run it (what error message)? And exactly what software version are you running?

If you are getting that warning from the hboot driver install, try downloading it again - it sounds like you have a bad download.

Sorry for all of the questions, but knowing the exact details makes it easier to identify the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones