Need help installing MetaMorph on Ivan's Official 1.0 ROM

Last Updated:

1. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

After installing busybox and metamorph from the market, i get an error when running "Start Checks" in Metamorph:

"Some files could not be extracted and set up. Please make sure you have enough free space in /system"

I've tried a few different adb commands found in a few different threads. Unfortunately most of them were for different phones. So nothing has worked yet. Any suggestions?

Running Ivan's Eris Official 1.0 w/OC.

Advertisement
  2. MrJabber

MrJabber Member

If you check logcat, this is most likely because MetaMorph is trying to copy zip and zipalign to your /system/bin folder and can't for some reason. If you put them there manually and do 'chmod 755' on them both, it will get you past the checks. They are both inside of the apk if you do not have copies.

mistaj33 likes this.
  3. mistaj33

mistaj33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks man. That seems to have worked perfectly.

4. droiderisuser

droiderisuser Member

I am having the same problem but I have no idea what to do and dont understand what you said. can i get some help

5. infamous1985

infamous1985 Member

*********BUMP*************
    ok me 2 - cant copy and paste zip to system/bin in andexplorer dunno why just wont let me - rooted with Z4 today and AE dont ask for suoeruser rights? Help please?:confused::eek:

6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

infamous1985,

Couple of questions:

1. Are you asking in regarding to the HTC Droid Eris or the Xperia X10? (just making sure since your listed devices only shows the X10)

2. Not really sure/aware that Z4 will work for the Eris... (I know either of these methods will work: http://androidforums.com/eris-all-t...is-app-apk-no-pcs-no-scripts-needed-easy.html or http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/127861-universal-eris-root-dummies.html).

3. How much snow did you get recently? ;) (I'm bummed because there were only 3 (English Premiere League) matches this past weekend and I'm worried that the boxing day matches might be in jeopardy).

Cheers!