• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help Installing musicgoogle.apk!!!!

musicgoogle.apk needs to be in /system/app, so it can't be installed in the usual way. From the Bugless Beast FAQ ([FAQ] Bugless Beast - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - [FAQ] Bugless Beast - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - Forum):

speaking of switching, what's the easiest way to switch apps?
1. using root explorer (in the market) or astro (in godmode), copy the apk you desire and paste it into /system/app (replace the apk of the same name that's already there) -- you'll need to press the button on the top right that says "mount r/w".
2. long-press on the newly pasted apk file and select "permissions".
3. change the permissions to User: read - write, group: read, others: read
4. when you click "okay", you should see "rw-r--r--" in the fine print under the apk name.
5. click the "mount r/o" button, then reboot. (thank you, girluvsdroid!)

i removed the mms.apk, alarm.apk, or some other app and am having issues now. how do i reinstall it?
put the apk (you can get mms.apk or alarm.apk from a nandroid backup or bugless beast nandroid in /system/app) on the root of your sd card and type the following in terminal emulator (can get it from the market):

Quote:
su
sysrw
busybox cp /sdcard/*.apk /system/app
sysro
sync
reboot

where *.apk is the apk you wish to install. (thank you, armak and richie97!)

Reactions: Helenoftroy08
Upvote 0
musicgoogle.apk needs to be in /system/app, so it can't be installed in the usual way. From the Bugless Beast FAQ ([FAQ] Bugless Beast - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - [FAQ] Bugless Beast - Pete - AllDroid Public Board - Forum):

speaking of switching, what's the easiest way to switch apps?
1. using root explorer (in the market) or astro (in godmode), copy the apk you desire and paste it into /system/app (replace the apk of the same name that's already there) -- you'll need to press the button on the top right that says "mount r/w".
2. long-press on the newly pasted apk file and select "permissions".
3. change the permissions to User: read - write, group: read, others: read
4. when you click "okay", you should see "rw-r--r--" in the fine print under the apk name.
5. click the "mount r/o" button, then reboot. (thank you, girluvsdroid!)

i removed the mms.apk, alarm.apk, or some other app and am having issues now. how do i reinstall it?
put the apk (you can get mms.apk or alarm.apk from a nandroid backup or bugless beast nandroid in /system/app) on the root of your sd card and type the following in terminal emulator (can get it from the market):

Quote:
su
sysrw
busybox cp /sdcard/*.apk /system/app
sysro
sync
reboot

where *.apk is the apk you wish to install. (thank you, armak and richie97!)

Thank you so much!! A quick reply on a holiday, that WORKED!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones