Need Help installing Raptor?????

Last Updated:

1. redhead3841

redhead3841 Member This Topic's Starter

Nov 10, 2010
    Trying to follow directions, but I'm not as computer literate as I thought.... where do I find GScripts???? Can someone walk me thru all the steps easily? Very much a noobe. Need it in layman terms. Thanks.:eek:

2. Math-Uhhh-Saurus

Math-Uhhh-Saurus Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Check out the Android Ally IRC (link here under "Resources" [it's a chat room, btw]). They are very knowledgeable and helpful.
    redhead3841 likes this.
  3. netizenmt

netizenmt Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    The thread with step by step instructions to install Raptor are found here:

Basically, it's like this:
    1. You have to be rooted first. An excellent program to do this easy-peasy is Universal Androot which can be downloaded from Android News: Universal Androot 1.6.2 beta 5 Released and Available for Download since it doesn't seem to be on the Android Market anymore.

3. Use ROM Manager to install a customer recovery. You can use either Clockwork or Amon Ra, but most of us prefer the Amon Ra recovery.

4. Boot into Recovery mode from Rom Manager.

5. Find the menu that deals with wiping - you need to wipe the factory/data, the cache, the Dalvik cache and partition the sdcard for the ext partition. NOTE: This WILL wipe everything off your SD Card.

6. Once the above steps are done, there is a menu selection to allow you to mount the phone as a USB drive. Select this to allow you to copy the Raptor ROM zip file to the root of the SD Card. Do Not Unzip the file.

7. There will be a menu entry to install from the zip file. You will select that. The ROM will install.

8. Now, I usually clear the cache and the Dalvik cache again at this point. Do not clear the Factory/data or ext again.

9. When it has completed, you can reboot the phone and it should load Raptor.

That's pretty much all there is to it. If that's not clear enough and the How-Tos on the ROM download link are not either, then definitely connect to the IRC and the guys out there can usually get you rolling pretty quickly.

Best of Luck! I hope you enjoy Raptor as much as I have.

Oh Yeah - about GScripts - it is an app that will be found in your App drawer after you get Raptor installed.