Need help installing RUU. for 1.31 phone is bricked

1. brndnbalbin53

brndnbalbin53 New Member

I'm an idiot and I accidently wiped everything clear off my phone when I messing around on TWRP. It currently has nothing to use so it continually reboots back into TWRP everytime I turn it on. I was wondering if there's a way for me to use the 1.29 RUU file because my phone is currently needs 1.31. I know I can if I can turn S-OFF on my phone to do that, but my computer doesn't recognize the device when I plug it into the USB port. Sooooo what do I do now? lol thanks yall

Advertisement
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

what is your carrier?
    scotty85 likes this.
  3. clsA

clsA Guides Guide

Here's the howto for sideloading a Rom
    [HOW TO] ADB Sideload/Push if you Wipe Internal Storage And have no ROM to Flash - xda-developers
    Hadron and scotty85 like this.
  4. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member

Another trick: if you have a usb otg cable you can copy a ROM zip to a flash drive, attach that via the OTG lead then flash the ROM using TWRP.

I keep most of my nandroids on a usb flash drive to save space on the device.
    scotty85 and clsA like this.
  5. scotty85

scotty85 Guides Guide

Do you have an at&t device? 1.31 and 1.29 sound like sprint build numbers.

At any rate,the same process can be used if you're on hboot 1.44 and the available ruu contains the same: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2390821

Just change the build number in the echo command to whatever build you wish to downgrade to,or to a generic 1.00.000.00, then run that ruu.

While the advice above should get you booting,running the older ruu will let you s off if you desire :)